- My hands are small. Please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short. Please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
- My eyes have not seen the worlds as yours have. Please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.
- I'm only little for such a short time. Please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
- My feelings are tender. Please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
- Please treasure me by holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.
- I need your encouragement and your praise to grow. Please go easy on the criticism. Criticize the things I do, but don't criticize me.
- Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday, I'll prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
- Please take me to worship regularly, and set a good example for me to follow.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Kid's voice... to parents, teachers, and all grown up...
THINGS I ASK OF YOU